2021 PADI® Elite Instructor Award
PADI Instructors who are actively training and certifying divers can distinguish yourself by earning the PADI Elite Instructor Award. This program recognizes PADI Instructors for reaching specific milestones based on the number of certifications you issue annually, providing the opportunity to tout your “Elite Instructor” status to student divers, potential customers, prospective employers and your fellow PADI Professionals. Additionally, you’ll get an “Elite Instructor” e-badge and digital certificate for all your electronic communications.
PADI Instructors who issue 50, 100, 150, 200 or 300 qualifying certifications in a calendar year who have no verified Quality Management violations within 12 months of the date will be presented and recognized with the Elite Instructor Award.
Qualifying certifications: (Certifications issued by you will be included in your tally)
- Qualifying student diver certifications include Scuba Diver, Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, Rescue Diver, Master Scuba Diver, junior diver certifications and all student diver specialties including distinctive specialties will be weighted on a one-to-one basis.
- Qualifying professional ratings include Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, Open Water Scuba Instructor, Master Scuba Diver Trainer, IDC Staff Instructor, Emergency First Response Instructor and all Instructor Specialty and Instructor Distinctive Specialty courses (weighted one-to-one).
- Qualifying Freediver certifications will be weighted on a one-to-one basis and include Basic Freediver, Freediver, Advanced Freediver, Master Freediver, Freediver Instructor, Advanced Freediver Instructor, Master Freediver Instructor.
- Qualifying Mermaid certifications will be weighted on a one-to-one basis and include Basic Mermaid, Mermaid, Advanced Mermaid, Basic Mermaid Instructor, and Mermaid Instructor.
- Emergency First Response® Participant courses, ReActivate®, Discover Scuba® Diving, Bubblemaker, Seal Team, Master Seal Team and Skin Diver will be weighed on a five-to-one basis. For example, five Discover Scuba Diving will be weighted the same as one Open Water Diver certification.
- Referrals will be weighted on a two-to-one basis.
- PADI Instructors achieving “Elite” status will receive an e-badge to include on emails, websites, blogs, and social media pages. All award recipients will also receive a digital certificate recognizing them for issuing 50, 100, 150, 200 or 300 or more certifications in that given year.
- PADI Pros with a rating of Freediver Instructor, Mermaid Instructor, EFR Instructor, Open Water Scuba Instructor or above will automatically be included in the program and their productivity will be tallied by PADI.
- Certifications issued 1 January through 31 December qualify for the 2021 award program. All certifications must be processed by 15 January 2022.
- The Elite Instructor Award qualifying certifications winners are tallied on an annual basis. Awards will be tallied and the winners will be notified during the first quarter of the following year.
- Instructors associated with a PADI Dive Center or Resort may authorize the business to display their Elite Instructor Award on the business’s digital site pages.
Events & ProgramsPADI Pros