Canon has announced the RF mount 100mm F2.8L MACRO IS USM lens. It offers 1.4 X magnification, has a “Spherical Aberration Control ring, that varies the look of bokeh and has built-in optical stabilization.
The Canon RF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM will be available in July at $1,400.
RF 100mm F2.8L MACRO IS USM
The RF 100mm F2.8L MACRO IS USM is a truly versatile lens, and a kitbag ‘must have’ for professionals, semi-professionals and enthusiasts alike shooting macro, still life and portrait photography. Its higher-than-average magnification ratio 1.4:1 – made possible by the lens’ floating system and short back focusing – allows photographers to capture exceptional close-up detail. The flattering focal length of 100mm at f/2.8 aperture is perfect for those looking to take striking portraiture.
In addition to its incredible magnification, a standout feature, and an improvement from its EF version – the EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM – is a new variable and adjustable Spherical Aberration Control ring. Photographers can vary the look of the background and foreground bokeh, while allowing them to create a soft-focus effect on the subject. It’s f/2.8 maximum aperture with 9-blades gives shallow depth of field and beautiful bokeh. Boasting the professional grade image quality seen throughout Canon’s RF lens line-up, the RF 100mm F2.8L MACRO IS USM’s advanced lens design ensures sharp, high-contrast images edge-to-edge.
The RF 100mm F2.8L MACRO IS USM also features up to 5-stops Optical Image Stabilization and 8-stops Combined IS (using CIPA standards) when used with the EOS R5 and EOS R6, significantly reducing camera shake while hand-held. Dual Nano USM AF provides smooth, accurate and high-speed auto focus that is virtually silent, while focus breathing is also suppressed – making it ideal for shooting movies and in post-production when Focus Stacking.
For more information on today’s launches – the RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM, RF 600mm F4L IS USM and RF 100mm F2.8L MACRO IS USM and the EOS R3 visit here.
- Worlds first AF macro lens with an incredible 1.4x magnification (1.4:1) capability
- A variable Spherical Aberration Control ring can be used to adjust the subject softness and look of the Bokeh
- 8 maximum aperture gives a shallow depth of field
- 9-blade circular aperture creates beautiful out of focus highlights (bokeh)
- Up to 5-stops optical IS (CIPA standard, using an EOS R) and up to 8-stops Combined IS using EOS R5 / EOS R6, with their in-body image stabilizer system
- Dual nano USM motors for smooth and fast AF
Read More Wetpixel.com