During the pandemic, some resuscitation councils and local health authorities are advising against teaching CPR courses due to possible transmission of the COVID-19 virus. There is, however, opportunity for Teaching status Emergency First Response® Instructors to deliver the EFR® Primary Care, Secondary Care, and Primary and Secondary Care Online Refresher courses to Emergency Responders wishing to refresh their knowledge and skills as mentioned above. Please refer to 9 April 2020 Training News for instructions on how to deliver the refresher course remotely.
Lapsed EFR Instructors may wish to regain 2020 Teaching status during this time to market and teach the EFR Refresher course remotely to past participants. Below are options to update and regain EFR Instructor Teaching status, depending on the period of time your membership has lapsed.
|Teaching Status Expired December||
Steps to regain 2020 EFR Instructor Teaching Status
|2019||Renew EFR Instructor Membership to Teaching Status
|2016 – 2018
|· Renew EFR Instructor Membership to Nonteaching Status
· Complete the EFR Instructor Update Webinar
· Contact your Regional Headquarters’ Customer Relations department to be placed into Teaching status
|2009 – 2015
|· Renew EFR Instructor Membership to Nonteaching status
· Contact your Regional Headquarters to register for the EFR Instructor Online Update
· Complete all components of the Update to be placed into Teaching status
· Complete an EFR Instructor Refresher/Continuing Education course with an EFR Instructor Trainer
|2009 and earlier
|Complete a full EFR Instructor course with an EFR Instructor Trainer|
If you are unsure when your EFR Instructor Teaching status expired, or have questions about regaining Teaching status, contact your Regional Headquarters.
The post Regaining Emergency First Response Instructor Teaching Status appeared first on PADI Pros.
Uncategorized, EFR, Emergency First Response, Emergency First Response InstructorPADI Pros