Scubalamp has announced the imminent release of their D-Max strobe. It offers an underwater guide number of 32 controllable via 9 steps, via a circular flash tube with a color temperature of 5300°K. It has a 120° beam and can be triggered via both fiber optic and N5 electrical cables. It is powered by a Li-Ion battery pack containing 4 x 18650 cells, which offers 750 flashes at full power.
Specifications from Scubalamp
- Max output: 250 watts
- Flash tube: circular flash tube
- Connection: optical cable / 5 pin sync cord/slave mode
Scubalamp video showing D-Max strobe in Slave mode
- Beam angle: 120 degree
- GN step: 9 steps
- Recycle time (full): 0.5s
- Battery : 4x 18650 lithium batteries pack
- Number of flash (full) : 750 flashes
Scubalamp video showing D-Max strobe recycle time
- 15 frames high-speed continuous shooting at 1st mode
- 12 frames at 2nd mode.
- Colour temperature : 5300K
- Focus light : 5W / 500 lumens center focus
- Depth rating : 60m/200 ft
- Weight:120g(underwater) 1195g (land without battery)
Lithium battery pack.
At full power: 250 watts, 750 flashes, and 0.5s recycle time.
Read More Wetpixel.com